Monday, November 05, 2018

Path to fitness - week 1

So, the first goal that I have is drop my weight by 8 pound by end of this year.  I have 8 weeks time and I believe it is realistic and healthy to drop 1 pound a week.  The math to reduce 1 pound of weight is to either burn 3500 additional calories or consume 3500 lesser calories than the typical calorie intake requirement.  I am planning to increase my physical activity and reduce my calorie intake.

I am a believer of the quote "you can't manage what you don't measure".  So I am going to start using the following tools to measure my progress.:
  1. MyFitnessPal app to log my calorie intake.
  2. Fitbit app to log my work outs.
  3. This blog to post the progress.
This week's goal is to eat lesser than 2000 calories a day and complete 10000 steps a day.  I am also planning to visit a physician to have my currently yearly health check done and see where I accurately stand.  More updates soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home